Sunday, April 28, 2013

*New Sinful Colors Line* Sinful Shine - My Kryptonite, Most Sinful, and Royal Flush swatches+review

Hey Peeps! I am super stoked to announce that I have finally ended my painfully long no-buy! I took advantage of Zoya's Earth Day promo among other stuff. Apparently I am not the only person who has developed a sudden strange addiction to bright yellow polish. I was warned before I hit the confirmation button that due to high demand Kerry is on back order which will delay my shipment. Agh, I'm not a patient person AT ALL but...have you seen Kerry yet? And, my brother's name is Kerry so you know I had to order it even though I'm stuck waiting. I can't get enough bright yellow right now either, not sure why. Anywhooser, while I'm waiting on my Zoyas, and lots of other awesome pretties to find their way home I decided to check my local Walgreens. I squealed like a pig when I walked in and saw that awesome Sinful Shine display! It had not even been touched yet! I think I heard angels singing and saw the display light up. I grabbed one to start with, I also grabbed one of the Sinful Colors Diamonds Collection. Once I got the first coat of SS on my thumbnail I KNEW I had to go grab a couple more for this review. Yep, that's totally why I did it, or that's what hubub thinks anyway :) Awesome thing is, at $2.99 a pop you can afford to splurge. I shall keep going back and grabbing more periodically for sure. The first one I grabbed was My Kryptonite. It looks more teal than green to me, a deep, rich teal. I love it, check it out...
I used one coat of SS My Kryptonite over Seche Clear base coat. I didn't use a top coat, and you can see why. Super shiny, and I am very impressed that it came out opaque after the first coat. I used a decent coat of course, but I didn't overload it. The formula of Sinful Shine seems to be thinner than original Sinful Colors, but it was super easy to work with. Dry time seemed good too. Obviously removal was super easy, thanks to the one coat versus my normal 3-4 coats of most original Sinful Colors. I very happy about that. So hows about a lil' looky-loo at Most Sinful...
Awesome sauce, isn't it? I really dig it, and I am so going to try this with a holo top coat. This one was just a tad streaky after the first coat, so I used two. Again, no top coat. The formula of Most Sinful is the same as My Kryptonite, which is a good thing. No issues in application or removal, it seems a bit on the thin side but easy to work with. Actually the formula reminds me of Sation Nail Lacquer, it's just a couple bucks cheaper. Even sweeter! Now let's have a peek at Royal Flush, my third and final SS I'm showing you today...
Gorgeous isn't it? I'm gonna call it a deep, rich magenta creme. I know I've already used that description in this review, but it truly is the best way to describe this stuff. I love it. This swatch is another one-coater over Seche Clear, and no top coat. Same formula as the other two. The bottle recommends using 2 coats, so keep in mind I used one thicker-than-usual coat because I'm an impatient swatcher and it's taken me 2 days to figure out why my camera wasn't picking up the colors correctly. No joke, I've probably taken 100 photos or more. Turns out my camera is smarter than I am, and yes I had screwed some s#!t up I didn't even know I could screw up. That's why this post is coming at ya a couple days late. Sorry 'bout that but I didn't want to post photos that weren't color-accurate, that would've been pointless.

So, my opinion of Sinful Shine nail polish...I'm really happy with the three I've tried so far and I'm stupid excited to get more, in my opinion they are well worth the extra buck. And, it wont kill me to grab 2-4 a week till I've collected all 31 shades for 3 bucks a piece. The Sinful Shine line is supposed to be exclusive to Walgreens. I'm hoping it will be a permanent line, these things really do rock my socks. So...What's your opinion of the new Sinful Shine pretties? Have you got your paws on any yet? If so, which ones did you get? Let me know in the comments, or don't- it's all up to you. Well, that's pretty much it for now peeps. Until next time...


8 comments:

  1. I love that teal! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I snatched it first, I love the name too :)

      Delete
  2. Yay no buy over! Now you can over buy because you know that's gonna happen. I'm sure your list if "must get's" has gotten quite long by now. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you know it! I managed to spend my entire polish allowance for this payday, in 2 days lmao. I can still cheat here and there though, I just need to slow waaaay down :D

      Delete
    2. That's why I never did no buy's. Because in the end you buy just as much if not more than you would have if you hadn't done one. Instead if I spent a lot one week I wouldn't buy anything the next, or I'd buy cheaper. It was more balanced that way, for me at least.

      Delete
    3. Words of wisdom :) The no-buys make me sad lol, and yes I over compensate when it's all over then I'm right back where I was lol!

      Delete
  3. OMG, I got most of the blues, purples, 2 pinks and a white. My first purchase was a dark blue that made me go back for more. I'm in the middle of a no buy but on makeup. So I'm loving the new colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I really need to go grab the 2 light purples! And Picante lol. I got All The Rage yesterday, can't wait to try it :)

      Delete